Sunday, August 17, 2008

White Park, Concord, NH (5 smiles)


We went to White Park in Concord today, August 17, 2008 and here is my review....



Parking:  Plenty

Bathrooms:  I saw a couple of port-a-potties.  I am not sure if you can use the bathrooms by the pool.

Structures:  This is the best part!  The structure, which is huge, is made of wood with really cool steps and doorways for children to explore.  It is very large with slides and little hide outs!  There are also swings for younger children and swings for older children.

Picnic Tables:  I saw a few picnic tables right in the playground area, but the park is huge and there are spots all around to stop and have lunch.

Overall:  As of today, this is my favorite all time park!  There is a lot of sun though so make sure you grab the sunscreen and a hat.  My son loved the structure.  I really liked it too.  Go check out this park you will not be disappointed!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

White Park is also great for a winter outing. My kids and their father really enjoyed skating (skate rentals are only $2) and the sledding was awesome! A great inexpensive outing for the entire family.

Anonymous said...

i love this park and live very close to it. i recently walked my dog in the park and since the snow has melted it has turned to mud. and the issue of people not picking up after there dogs has risen to my attention... the smell is terrible and im sure it must be very unsanitary there are many diseases and bacteria that dogs and probably people can get from this. i am only one person and i can only do so much but if everyone else helps im sure that we can make white park a great place to visit again.

Tracy said...

White's Park is a great visit. I haven't visited in a couple of years, but I did find one issue when I was there that is possibly remedied by now. Surrounding the playground area are several exit/entrances that are difficult to see around the play structures. It would be easy for someone to quickly come and go, leaving children somewhat at risk. When I am visiting with my children, I keep myself on "extra-alert", being cautious to have my eyes always on them. It's a great place to play *with* your children, but doesn't have the safety of a place for moms to visit while the children run. Just an fyi. :) Neat blog!

mike said...

I lived on Washington Street in Concord from 1948-53. At that time, John Hancock Life Insurance was across the street where the Franklin Pierce Law Center is now. We used to sleigh ride down the big hill which is right above the swimming pool. I went to Walker School and we used to have our end of the year class picnic at the park. Haven't been back to Concord for a few years but have pictures I've taken. I was impressed with how clean the park was. no littering or garbage..particularly with very little staff. There are no signs to tell you what not to do. Guess it shows how people in Concord appreciate their natural resources. Your children will grow up and be a credit to you.

Anonymous said...

My fall visit from 'tother hemisphere:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peteshep/4080018962/in/set-72157622730195300
P :-)