Sunday, August 3, 2008

Griffin Park, Windham, NH (4 smiles)



We went to Griffin Park in Windham today, August 3, 2008 and here is my review....



Parking:  Plenty

Bathrooms:  There are a couple of port-o-potties. (Update:  I have been told that there are bathrooms near the pavilion - Thanks!)

Structures:  There are two structures.  One is for younger children and the other is for older children.  There are swings and a really neat four way teeter-totter for the little ones.  There are benches to sit and take a break within the fenced in playground area.

Picnic Tables:  There are picnic tables under a pavilion.

Overall:  This is a really nice park.  There is no shade though in the playground area.  The park itself is huge.  It has basketball courts, tennis courts, baseball fields, a really nice walking/strolling/jogging path, a huge skateboarding park and open areas to play in.  The coolest part for my son was that there is a path that leads to Johnson's Highland View Farm which has farm animals!  It also has a great farm stand and ice cream.

5 comments:

Mindy-lou said...

Just wanted to add that there are real bathrooms in the pavillion bathroom at Griffin Park. We go often & love it there!

FlipFlop Mom said...

WOW... I grew up in this town.. and didn't even know there was a park... But I haven't lived in Windham for 18 years..

Anonymous said...

For moms who have dogs too..this park is dog friendly so bring your pooch along for a stroll! (Just remember to bring a leash)

Anonymous said...

I have been to Griffin Park with my children and my girlfriend her children. The park is beautiful, but an even better park is Don Ball Park in Derry, NH. There are three structures, separate swings and even a splash park!! What a great time we had!! Bathrooms and even an open concession stand!!

Anonymous said...

I have been to Griffin Park with my children and my girlfriend her children. The park is beautiful, but an even better park is Don Ball Park in Derry, NH. There are three structures, separate swings and even a splash park!! What a great time we had!! Bathrooms and even an open concession stand!!