Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ann DeNicola Memorial Playground, Bedford, NH (4 smiles)


We went to the Ann DeNicola Memorial Playground (formally known as Timber Town Playground) in Bedford today and here is my review.....



Parking:  Plenty.  There is a small lot right in front of the playground, but there is a huge lot behind/to the side of the playground.

Bathrooms:  There is a port-a-potty onsite.

Structures:  There is a huge structure that has slides, tunnels, climbing structures, a rope bridge, lots of things to climb on and into and this cool roller slide that my son loved!  There is also a smaller structure for children 2-5 yrs old that has slides, a climbing wall a tunnel and a little playhouse area under it.  There are lots of swings.

Picnic tables:  This is the first playground I have been to that still has the mesh canopy over picnic tables!  There is also picnic tables scattered around the playground.

Overall:  One of my favorites in this area so far!  I really liked that the playground is very large.  There is plenty of space for the kids to play and not have to wait too long to get a turn down the slide.  There are slides everywhere!  The smaller structure is for children 2-5 and the larger structure is for children 5-12, but kids of all ages were on all the equipment.  I was only concerned when my son was standing around the open areas of the structure that have a poll or a rope to slide down.  With encouraging I persuaded him to move on to the slide...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy, Thank you for your review - we are moving to Bedford this summer and I was looking for areas for kids to play. I am a bit confused, though, because your map location is slightly different from the location indicated in Parks and Rec website - the street name is the same but the closest intersection is different. Could you please verify?
Mandy, I wonder if you are aware of any other playgrounds in Bedfrod? Google search did not get me anywhere...
Thank you!

Katerina

Mandy Grenier said...

Hi Katerina -
I went online to the Bedford Parks & Rec Dept. and was unable to find a map, but they have the same address listed as I do. The playground can be found at 20 County Road, Bedford, NH. The entrance is across the street from the Bedford High School.

I have not come across any other playgrounds in Bedford, but there are lots in surrounding towns.

If I come across another one I will send you a message.

Thanks for your comment!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mandy!

Katerina

MrsScrapDiva said...

This looks like a really nice place. We will have to check it out. Thanks for providing all this information on your blog!

Lisa said...

This is a great park! Thanks for having it on your blog, as I was heading to Bedford for an errand with my 2.5 y.o. and we stopped by the park on the way home. I loved that it was fenced in and had lots of variety of equipment. I would not have known it existed without your review. Thank you Mandy!

Anonymous said...

My 6 kids think this is the best playground of all & we have been to alot of them. Worth the drive from Derry.